Re: [A/S] Flat tire experience-Marathon Question

When I have had tire work done at a dealer, I always tell them not to jack up
the trailer.  I run one wheel up on blocks and let them remove the free
wheel.  I also carry an X shaped lug wrench that I purchased at someplace like
Wal*Mart.

When I let Walt at Ocala work on the trailer, I let him jack it up.  I know
that he knows what he is doing.

Be thankful that you didn't experience a blow out!  Hunter, and others, can
tell you that you "do not want to go there".

Has anyone had a blow out with a Goodyear Marathon with the circle S marking
on the sidewall?  I've been told that the tires so marked should blow on the
sidewall and minimize, or eliminate, damage to the trailer.  Just wondering if
there is any truth to this.  The original Marathons on my 1999 Safari were not
marked with the circle S, but my replacement Marathons were so marked.

Sam
WBCCI 12557