Re: [A/S] A/C - A continuing saga

Don
excellent reply and I am fully in agreement with you.  But all this has been
pointed out to him already albeit not as clearly as you have done.

obviously we do not want Tom to be trying to measure voltage drop across his ac
terminals mostly because he can be electrocuted if he does not know what he is
doing and especially because he probably cannot access the motor terminals
without getting on top and removing the cover from the ac unit.

I would hope that Tom and all of us, learn to carry our plug in voltage meters
with us in the future (mine finally delaminated after 5 yrs so I am looking for
another), and I would make another suggestion that common sense would have
implied.
When we are having brown out conditions in a park, take your reading inside the
trailer then take your voltmeter with you and check the rest of the trailers on
your circuit in the park.
The circuit breaker for your circuit will sometimes be marked in the box on the
pole with your space number and the other spaces in your circuit.  go to those
other spaces and see if you can find an extra plug in at the space to plug in
your voltmeter.  If not, knock on the trailer and ask to plug into their outside
outlet ON THE TRAILER or ask them to plug your VM into an inside outlet.  Most
people are friendly as hell and once you have explained the problem, you will be
invited in, had a cold one shoved into your hand and begged to plug it in so
that they can see what reading they are getting.<G>

again, Don, you did a great job of explaining inside wiring.
wouldn't it be great if your ac unit came with a meter already wired across the
motor terminals?  it would cost next to nothing and would likely save warranty
calls which would way outweigh the costs for the additional installation.

fwiw
chas