[A/S] Stay At Home Airstream Project - a little more info -

This may be a little off the central theme of "traveling" Airstreams -
but it does involve Airstreams in a slightly different environment and
I think it's worth sharing.

As a result of the inquiry as to how to think about using an
Airstream as a home addition:
I got to digging through my books and found an interesting article
that features - in one chapter - the use of an Airstream as a
permanently parked guest house on a carport rooftop patio of a
modern home in the Florida Keys.  The Airstream was installed
with a crane.

The group involved with this project is known as
the Jersey Devil's (the name evolved from New Jersey folklore).
The home/Airstream can be viewed in a book that covers a number
of the groups projects - titled:

"Devil's Workshop- 25 Years Of  Jersey Devil Architecture"
authors -    Susan Piedmont-Palldino & Mark Alden Branch
publisher - Princeton Architectural Press

The group and it's work is fascinating- if you have an
interest in architecture.  In fact - one of their interests is living on
site during the building of a project - and one of the group had
an Airstream....

My dad was an architect - he went back to college in the late 50's
for his degree when I was growing up - so I spent weekends as a
little kid down at his college - hanging out while he worked on projects.
He always let me fiddle around with
the drafting tools and project model building materials - in fact that
is where I became interested in trailers...as I would sit and draw...and
don't ask me why...but I'd draw trailers.  In later years I tagged along to
build sites and got to know the ins and outs of contracting and building
etc...pretty interesting.  Sorry for reminiscing here...but...it's part of
my
trailer past...and I am always interested when someone takes an interest
in putting a trailer "into" a design project.

Best Wishes.  RL