RE: [A/S] Re: International, Numbers, CB?

"I also saw MANY CB antennas mounted on or near
refrigerator vents".

The way I found to lick the CB Radio problem was to purchase one of the
Cobra "all in the mic" radios. It comes with a small module that has
power leads and a place to hook the antenna, then a plug where the radio
/ mic unit is attached. I purchased an extra power module ($20) and
mounted one out of site in the trailer, and one out of site in the
truck. All I have to do is unscrew the mic unit from the truck and take
it into the trailer and hook it up there - takes about 1 minute to move
the radio from unit to unit. I have a mag base antenna on the truck and
one on the trailer next to the hitch. The hitch location does not get
maximum range, but you are usually only using it inside the campground
area when in the trailer. I ran the antenna cable through a hole the
battery box, then calked the hole to prevent any hydrogen fumes from
entering the trailer. The truck antenna is connected to a cable I
threaded through the fire wall of the truck without making a hole. I
take the mag base antenna off the top of the truck and stick it on the
frame under the truck when not in use. I managed to mount the complete
CB system in both vehicles and only had to make one hole - the one in
the battery compartment in the trailer. A side use of the trailer
antenna is its use as one of my three point alignment points for backing
into my Hensley Hitch on the first try 98% of the time.
Hope this will help others that want a CB only when needed, but don't
want it to look like they have one the rest of the time.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624