Re: [A/S] Stick shift for towing? Technology has advanced

Jim,
 I agree: The only vehicle with an automatic that I've driven to amount to
anything is my truck, (Dodge/CTD), and I'd rather have a stick in it. Our
'83 VW Rabbit Diesel needed a clutch replacement at 160,000 miles because of
a broken spring in the clutch disk. The lining looked as good as new, no
visible wear at all.

The ONLY place I prefer an automatic tranny is in stop/go traffic. I'd like
to add an exhaust brake to my P/U, but unless I take care of the TCC unlock
problem, it'd be useless.

                                                        <<Jim>>