[A/S] Jordan Brake Control

Hi all.  I started the installation process this
evening on my new Jordan brake controller on my new
tow vehicle.  I got as far as attaching the Control
Module Mounting Bracket assembly to brake pedal.

Just some observations to confirm with you all.  The
Control Module unit looks like it will insert into the
bracket from the rear.  The pressure of the cable will
hold the module against the large hole in the bracket.
 This also seems to allow the module to move slightly
when you step on the brake, which in turn keeps the
cable in line from the cable clamp bracket.  To
disconnect you pull the module from behind to
disengage the module from the bracket and slide the
cable through the cutout in the bracket.  This removes
the module from the bracket so stepping on the brake
has no effect since the cable is effectively not
connected to the pedal.  Right on all fronts so far?

Next question, there is no metal dash support that I
can screw the cable clamp bracket into.  The entire
dash assembly at the bottom of my dash is just a
continuation of the plastic dash which curves under.
How immobile must this bracket be?  I figure I can
bend the bracket to match the curve of the dash and
drive the screws through the lower dash front plastic
into the bracket which will be located out of site
behind the dash.  Only the screw heads will be visible
from the dash front and the piece of the bracket that
the cable clamp attaches through will extend just
below the dash front.

Any thoughts on this?

I'm heading out in about 8 days so I'll try to get
this finished by the weekend.

Thanks for any opinions as to how I'm doing so far.

Jack