Re: [A/S] Stick -on floor tiles...

If you're not wed to the vinyl decision, you might consider inexpensive
parquet wood flooring. It's usually not much more than a buck a square foot
at your local home center.

We installed it two years ago, floating the floor (gluing the edges of
tiles together but not gluing them to the subfloor), and topping it off
with three coats of polyurethane. We put it on right over the existing
vinyl and then put quarter round all around the edges.  You'll avoid any
problem with show through of the exisiting floor's imperfections by taking
this route.

We've done a dozen trips since and continue to be very pleased with both
the performance and the appearance of the floor. We accent with a few
braided scatter rugs. Everyone has their own taste, of course, but we think
it looks a good deal classier than vinyl, and we've had compliments from
other A/S owners who have seen it.

Greg