RE: [A/S] Digest Number 1594 GPS/laptops

You might also looking into TravRoute's CoPilot software.  All these
packages have a GPS receiver that connects to the laptop or pocket pc
which is running the navigation software.  I like the smaller footprint
of the PPC vs a laptop, plus the displays on the PPC as transflective
which means you can see them in full sunshine.  I compared several and
actually bought two different software/GPS receivers.  I really like
CoPilot as it has a RV mode that routes you away from narrow roads,
tunnels that forbid propane tanks and such.  The latest version of
CoPilot for the PPC has several other enhancements that will be in the
newest version for the PC once it is released. The other package I
bought was from Ostia and while it has some features I like better than
CoPilot, overall CoPilot met my expectations most fully.

david