Re: [A/S] unpleasant question help needed

Penny, IMHO, I think the trailer needs to be pulled to keep the black tank
stirred up and help everything flush out when it is dumped.  We winter in our
trailer in FL, so we are aware of potential black tank problems while
immobile.  Let me make a couple of suggestions:

1)  You can leave the gray tank valve open while sitting long term, but DO
NOT LEAVE THE BLACK TANK VALVE OPEN!  If you leave it open, solids accumulate
on the bottom of the tank and the liquids drain away.  If you have this
condition, it will be a very unpleasant task to get the black tank cleared.
I would suggest filling the black tank with a hose from the stool and then
draining and see what happens.  You may have to do this a number of times and
you may have to put something in the tank and stir the contents to help them
move out.

2)  I would suggest putting no toilet paper in the black tank. Wal*Mart sells
plastic sandwich baggies for a very low price.  I think you get the drift.
When the trailer is not being towed, it would be easy fot the TP to
accumulate in the tank.

3)  Make sure the tank is at least 2/3 full before dumping.  Use lots of
water each time the stool is used.

4)  I have a "wand" that connects to a water hose.  It is inserted into the
black tank through the stool.  There is a revolving head on the end that
sprays water in many directions.  I use that from time to time to help clean
my tank.  If your tank is filled with solids this may not cure the problem.
But after the problem is addressed, it is a good preventative maintenance
tool.  There is also a transparent adapter available that fits on the outlet
of the black tank.  It has an opening for a water hose.  It can be used to
introduce water into the black tank and help flush it.  We use this item
every time we dump.  Both items are sold at Camping World.

Sam
WBCCI 12557