Re: [A/S] PLASTIC CABINET TRIM

Greetings Daisy, Jim and all,
I've been using a tool made by the Urethane Supply Company
www.urethanesupply.com  to weld all types of plastic. It is used in
bodyshops to repair bumper covers, armrests and dashboards. The kit comes
with a variety of filler rods to suit different plastics and what needs to
be repaired. It is basically an old style soldering iron with a rheostat to
vary the heat for different materials.  The kit we purchased is #5500HT
Mini-Weld Model 5 Airless Plastic Welder. They can be purchased at Auto Body
Supply shops. You could also cut some flange material  from your part from
an area that is not seen and use it as the filler material. That way you
would know that the material was compatible and the correct color. If you
didn't want to purchase the tool, you might try using an old soldering iron,
however watch the heat very carefully. I have no connection with this
company.
Good luck with it,
Colin Hyde
57 Sovereign of the Road