Re: [A/S] PLASTIC CABINET TRIM

Daisy,
I'm not Jim and I can't find who started the thread but since you
asked,  that depends on what kind of plastic it is. When most people say
plastic they are thinking of polyethylene. Almost nothing sticks to
polyethylene. But the overhead cabinets are made of a denser and
different polymer. I'm not sure which one. Maybe polyvinyl chloride.

In any event, scuff it up with some 100 grit sandpaper and epoxy will
stick very well. I repaired my overheads by embedding  a layer of
fiberglass in epoxy resin over the crack on the inside. As someone else
suggested a small hole at the ends of the crack will help stop the crack
migration. If it is a small crack JB Weld, a two part mix sold in small
tubes in most hardware stores, will stick  and repair the crack without
a layer of glass cloth.  Duct tape gets credit for the force that holds
the world together but JB Weld is second in command.  Put it on the
inside because it is ugly. Although you can work it out with files and
sandpaper then paint it if you use it in a place that will be visible.

Steele