[A/S] Re: Towing Question

Hi Kelly

Odyssey's are towing quite a variety of our customers Aristreams with
the lightest being a 25' Safari and the heaviest a 2001 30'.  Most
any pre-1986 Airstream will not be a problem for one. I would not
suggest a 1973-76 29' rear bedroom as the hitch weight was over
1000lbs on those models.  If you are thinking around 25-27' you will
have plenty of margin.

We reinforce the hitch to the rear suspension cradle from the
standard bolt on hitches.  This is something I could make up and send
to you, it would be a good idea on anything with over 600 lbs hitch
weight.

The first Odyssey's rear springs were a bit soft but Air Lift makes
an Air bag to fit them.  They have stiffened the springs on the new
ones.  The local Honda dealer sold his motorhome and purchased a 30'
from us when the Odyssey was introduced since he has 4 kids we put
the Air bags in his right away.  I think we did another 20 sets for
his customers.

Toyota is introducing their new Sienna at the Detroit auto show.  It
will be interesting to see what they are doing the current one is not
as powerful as the Honda.  I wish GM would offer their 3800 engine in
the Montana Vans but so far they are leaving the horsepower race to
the other guys.  The current generation Chrysler Vans perform well
but I am a little leary of their transmissions and I don't have a
track record with them as yet.

I am not certain where you are from but we have a Windstar here on
the lot that is almost always connected to something for test drives.
As well I am thinking of taking the Windstar with some kind of an
Airstream on it to the Hensley Rally in Branson Mo. in April you
would be welcome to test drive it there.

I hope this helps you out.

Andy