Re: [A/S] Hello and a Question

Teresa,

Nice to meet you on the AirstreamList.  I hope you enjoy the group and get
all the information you need to make your Airstream dream come true.

As far as a 25' Airstream trailer being able to sleep 6 people; is this 2
adults and 4 children?  4 adults and 2 kids, etc.?  Even 2 adults and 4 kids
would be a squeeze on a long rainy day -- but we've done more in a popup
Coleman when we had to make do.  Not the best of all worlds but it can be
done.

It certainly is possible to get a great deal on a new or even used Airstream
trailer.  The dealers most likely have to pay Airstream monthly for a
'floorplan' which might amount to lots of money owed by those dealers if
they don't continually move out their stock of trailers on a timely basis.
I don't know exactly how the dealers work with Airstream but car dealers
have to pay in a like manor which is why you can usually get your best car
deal on the last day of the month in the evening right before they close the
doors.  This much I know! ;)

One thing that CAN work in your favor when you make your purchase decision
is to be ready, willing and able to travel to ANY dealer east or west of the
Mississippi River.  If you let it be known that you WILL travel to these
dealers you speak with I think you will find a dealer somewhere that would
be willing to make you a deal on either a new or used Airstream.

If all the dealers you contact KNOW that you will travel anywhere you must
to get the deal you financially need you will find lots of them ready,
willing and they certainly are able to give you a great price that you can
afford.  Let your needs be known and let the dealers know that you will do
whatever it takes to get the best bargain.

Good luck to you and your family, hope to meet up with you all one day on
the road.

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303
1969 29' International Ambassador