[A/S] Re: Intermittent furnace fault

The problem persists, but I've found that the fault only occurs after
the system has cooled right down for several hours. The furnace will
light when the start cycle is re-done. Once the system starts, it
will continue to cycle correctly in response to the thermostat.
Yesterday I got my digital voltmeter to it in the failed condition,
and established that 12.3 volts were on the ground side of the limit
switch. Thus the sail switch, limit switch, time delay relay, blower
motor, battery and thermoststat seem okay. The Suburban reply arrived
today, suggesting a sticking gas valve. I'm buying one today and will
fit it tomorrow. Whatever, I'm getting a Dinosaur board. It has all
the features that I want. Diagnostic lights, 3 tries to ignite, and
fuse protection are great. Have any of you used the remote mounting
kit to get the board away from the heat? If so, where? I'm thinking
of installing the board on the back of the wooden access hatch. It
will still be warm, but at least it will be accessible without
pulling the furnace. Thanks. Nick.