Re: [A/S] Intermittent furnace fault

Hi, All,

I've stayed quiet on the Suburban furnace problems which are discussed
periodically here, probably because it brings up so many bad memories for
me. I used to have a nice greenhouse in Utah at 4800 ft altitude and my
greenhouse (Suburban) furnace was vitally necessary due to the cold
temperatures. Unfortunately it kept failing and the problem was almost
always the circuit board (rarely mud-dauber nests). I must have spent close
to $1500 replacing those suckers every two years and got fed up with it.
Summary?: It's a fine furnace when it works but the circuit board is the
weak link and prone to frequent malfunction for which the only cure is
sending a wad of money to the factory for replacement at frequent intervals.
Just my opinion, of course....

Doug Kirkpatrick
Medford, OR