Re: [A/S] Garage/home

My concept of the ideal garage/home would incorporate
the following:

a garage section that would be a minimum of 5' greater
length than the overall length of the trailer or
motorhome, and having an additional 6 or 8' to provide
a workbench (I'm always working on some project) and
storage.

a shed roof is my clear favorite, as it provides the
best solution for solar heating - which could be
either in the form of massive window area on the
southfacing side or a trombe wall.  The latter is a
massive (8 to 12" thick) masonry wall which is covered
by an airspace and glass.  This wall absorbs heat
during the day and distributes it during the rest of
the 24 hour period, thereby maintaining an even
temperature throughout the day and night.

the pitch of the roof would depend on the size of the
room that suits you best, with consideration being
given to the possible snowload expected in your area.

the shed roof design is, in my opinion, very
attractive and architecturally  simple.  The one
drawback is the required size of the roof structural
members that would be required if the front room is
large.  This can be remedied by a few support columns
strategically located.

for those not familiar with the trombe wall, a search
will provide more info than I provided.

Dan/NC