Re: [A/S] Diesel Suburban?

The new Suburban is noticeably smaller than the older models. I hope
that if Ford goes to the Expedition based 3/4 model they don't also
lose the diesel option for the same reason.I really like the SUV body
style and would hate not to be able to get one with a diesel in the
future. Ford definately filled a niche with the Excursion,
unfortunately the niche may not be big enough to sustain an extra
production line. I read that a Ford official was quoted as saying that
they would have to sell 30,000 units a year to break even. Maybe the
problem is that they feel that that the line would be more profitable
cranking out Super-Duty trucks for which the demand continues to increase.