[A/S] Re: Trailer wiring question

Chuck & Lynn
If the back up lights are on all of the time AND it causes the back
up lights on the truck to be on all the time then you have:
1) the correct wires are connected, if you had the wrong wire from
the truck your truck back up lights would not be on.
2) if the back up lights on your truck are NOT on when the trailer is
not plugged in THEN somewhere in the trailer the backup light circuit
is being energized by a hot wire.

Now if you have previously used the trailer with a different tow
vehicle and had no problem then that should shoot down my #2.

Another thing, "poor grounds" can do stange things ,but that usually
manifests itself with dim lights.

There is one other possibility, the previous owner of the truck may
have installed a manual switch to energize the back up lights.   I'm
sure we have all over taken a trucker at night only to have a white
light turned on at his mirrors.

Lauren WBCCI #7532