Re: [A/S] vintage Dodge truck

Hi Brian
Gorgeous truck!!!

My 66 TradeWind manual talks about the weight to horsepower ratio for a tow
vehicle. Add the weight of your trailer and tow vehicle and divide by the
horsepower of the tow vehicle. Then divide that total by the horsepower of
the tow vehicle.

The example in the manual is 3950 lb 26 ft trailer and 3829 lb Ford sedan
with 250 hp for a ratio of 31.12 lbs per horsepower. They suggest that the
upper limit is 60 lbs per horsepower and 30-40 lbs is ideal.

Also mentioned that results will be best if the tow vehicle weighs close to
or higher than weight of trailer.

Interesting to note that in their example they use the dry/empty weight of
the trailer. I suspect you should work with the loaded weight.

Take Care
Terry O'Neill
Calgary
66 Trade-Wind Double