[A/S] Re: Propane Valves

Thomas, I changed my own in the middle of a field. I laid each
cylinder on its side, and sat astride it to stop it rotating, then
used a wrench to undo the valve. It's a struggle!
A ball valve inside has to be wriggled out. To get the new one in
tight, you are back to the mud wrestling! In retrospect, it wasn't
worth the struggle. I  would get a dealer to use a strap wrench, and
get the tanks purged and re-certified at the same time. I used PTFE
tape on the threads. Good luck! Nick.