Re: [A/S] Reese D/C installation help

Hi Ed,

Makes me feel like I'm not the lone stranger since I had to cut the base
holder off and re-weld for  both the Argosy and the Safari to accommodate
the Hensley.  Fortunately, I have a welder and can make what I call gorilla
welds that seem to stick things together. :)  Unfortunately, I don't have
the experience with the specific installation you are requesting.

However, the two hitches I've removed were Reese with the friction cams.
When I re-mounted the first one on the Safari, one "U" bolt shared the space
under the tank.  and needed exact positioning to allow the propane tank to
seat.   Same thing with the Argosy.

So, with the risk of having to eat my shoe again and based on  my very
limited understanding of the  problem facing you, I think you could think
about position the part with the front "U" bolts.  (assuming that this is
the front part of the assembly) Then, with the spring bars under very
reduced tension,  you could drive about 50 yards in a straight line and then
move front/rear hangers to match the friction cams.  With this measurement
sure, you could then drill the propane tank holder and mount the second "U"
bolt.  Should the "U" bolt interfere with the base ring on the propane tank,
simply notch the tank base ring to fit over the "U" bolt.  Of course, you
could slot the holder to allow adjustment of the front mount, but you would
still need the tank base notch.  I'm assuming that you have no problem with
the rear hanger mount?

Seems logical to me! :)

                   Regards, '74 Argosy, Joy