Re: [A/S] Newbee question: How necessary is a Hensley?

Ed,

You can get the cam anti-sway stuff from any Reese dealer or an Airstream
dealer can also locate it for you.

The setup on our '69 29' International Ambassador has the cam-type Reese
setup and works just fine.  The cam on the end of the bars rides over what
looks almost like a stirrup.  The back of the bar can NOT just slip out of
the stirrup I refer to unless you are making turns.  When you make turns the
bar goes up and over the stirrup, if you will, and goes back to the regular
position once you straighten out again.

I used to have a Draw-tite hitch with no cam and did it sway!  Let me tell
you, we drove 4 hours to the beach and I mean I DROVE every inch of highway
there and back *because I had no anti-sway* cam setup.

Draw-tite makes their version of an anti-sway friction sliding square tube
setup but it's very primitive in today's day and age.  I would assume that
an old Reese design using a smaller ball and such would be just as
primitive.  Trailers today weigh a lot more than they used to.

Tom