Re: [A/S] Newbee question: How necessary is a Hensley?

No, you do not need to disconnect the anti-sway bar when backing.
However, it will complain loudly when making sharp turns of any kind -
forward or backward.  To prevent this you need only loosen the
friction clamp - a simple half turn on a lever arm.

My Reese came with the trailer.  I think if I was starting from
scratch, I'd buy an Equilizer brand.  As the queary was from someone
with a Reese setup, I think I would agree that the dual cam is a
better setup, if it can be added.  But the friction anti-sway works
perfectly fine - at least for smaller trailers.