Re: [A/S] overdrive use with dodge truck auto transmission

Nick& Sandra, I do not have experience with your particular truck yet that
question pops up in my mind often. We have a full size Chevy van and the
owners manual says to tow in OD. The Chevy van and trucks from a few years
earlier say not to. My feeling is there is a reason why they say tow in OD so
that is what I do most of the time. The engine and transmission truly seams
to be able to find a better groove. Many have said not to use OD because of
the trans wanting to hunt, or continually shift. This really has not been a
problem. This could be because most of our travels are in the North east
where we have rolling hills, lots of rolling hills. Yet the 7+ percent grades
on the secondary roads don't cause it to "hunt." You will most likely get
several responses on this one each with their own merits and specific to
their vehicle. In the end you will probably do what I have done cross your
fingers, bless your transmission with a flushing and new fluid regularly and
hope for a long life.
J.L.Dietz #4361