[A/S] cameo cleanser

This info was posted on another site, anyone tried to do this?

^^My trailer is suffering from APB (Airstream Pattern Baldness) - the clear
coat is gone from the top and about 1/3 down the sides. A tip I learned from
another owner was to use Cameo cleanser on the uncoated sections. Its a
powdered cleanser, like Comet or Ajax, but it made for aluminum surfaces.
You wet the surface, apply liberally, spread it around and work it in with a
sponge and, keeping it damp, let it sit for 5 minutes. It forms a mild acid
that cuts thru the oxidation. After five minutes, rinse well.

I do mine once a year and you can't tell where the clear coats begins and
ends. A coat of automotive wax keeps it looking good.^^

  ( O         O  [ ] O   )       (o o o \--,
Tricia & Conrad

mailto:triconholsomback@greenwood.net