[A/S] Need Suggestions for a Ford PSD Tow vehicle

Ford is not really giving them away but, certainly clearing out the 2002's.

I have settled on either the E350 Chateau or an Excursion (does that come in
flavors like the suburban? as in weight carrying classes?) with the extinct 7.3L
PSD.  Apparently, there is no problem is getting either out of the factory for
this sale.

I do NOT want a pickup.

Since I will go over and buy or order one tomorrow, I would like to get some
input on which to go for.  I have towed for about 4 yrs as health allowed, the
31' all over the Western states with an underpowered Suburban.  This Excursion
would not be underpowered, far from it.  It would probably ride better than a
van but would carry less.

The E350  or the Excursion would carry a truck vault containing rifles, pistols,
powder, lead, casting and reloading tools, targets, shooting rests, bench, etc -
about a ton worth as well as be capable at the same time of stand alone camping
with a cot and so on.  Thus I am leaning toward the van.  But, how well does the
van stand up to prolonged heavy loads in so far as doors and hinges and rattles
and like that?  as compared to the Excursion?

Is the Excursion a "350" equivalent?  what is its GCVW and what is that of the
E350?

would appreciate any input possible before I go check out the availability,
financing, etc tomorrow.

thanks
chas

--
Charles L Hamilton,  chasm@schuetzen.net  Houston, TX
WBCCI #1130  VAC   S*M*A*R*T '76 Sovereign