Re: [A/S] convert 3.73 to 4.10 axle

Doc, Not hard at all, Drop off the truck pick it up that night and hand the
mechanic $750.00. Find someone that has experience in setting up gears so
they mesh right. Although from all I have read the 373 in a truck powered by
a powerstroke is probably the hot set up. I had my gears changed because the
350 vortec power comes on at high RPM. Not good for starting out and when the
engine RPM are low. Your powerstroke has it's power at low RPM. Giving you
good torque pulling out and up hills. 373 Gears are a good all around ratio,
giving you good pulling power and keeping the RPM down at full cruise speed.
Just my opinion, the factory set up is what you want. J.L.Dietz #4361