Re: [A/S] Battery dead resolution

Hi Joy,
We have a lot of battery backup here where I work for
computer systems, telephone and fiber systems.  You
are correct that a load test is the best way to
evaluate the condition of a battery.  We use outside
contractors to occasionaly perform these tests.

You probably can actually do a load test of a fully
charged battery by operating an appliance with a known
amp rating.  Batteries are rated by amp hours.  I know
at Interstate's web site you are given the amp hour
rating for each battery based on 3 different discharge
rates.  Armed with a known load, a fully charged
battery and the battery's ratings, you probably can do
a pretty good test on your own.  The biggest work is
probably verifying the amp load that the appliance
draws.

Jack