[A/S] tow vehicle choice

This is the third time I have written this message.  I
keep loosing my messages before I can send them.  One
of these days I have to learn how to use this computer
better...my kids roll their eyes when I get on.  To
answer questions...My Ambassador is 28 feet long with
a GVWR of 7100 lbs.  It is a 4 wheel drive.  I am not
sure about the rear end.  The chevy dealer told me a
few months ago but I forget. They did say they could
put in different gears but it could cost upwards of
$1000 and lower my fuel milage.  I just finished
crossing the Appalachians twice in the past few weeks
and did OK in the mountains other than getting into
2nd gear every now and again.  I will check about the
gears again and check out the site that Jack gave on
exhaust systems.  Maybe that would get me enough to
feel more comfortable.  The trucks really blew me
around so I will take another look at a Hensley.
Thanks for the ideas, web sites and comments...much
appreciated.  I had better send this before I loose it
again.
Thomas #8848