[A/S] Drawers and latches

I have an '85 Sovereign with a comparatively rare bedroom
arrangement: full size bed in the corner, cabinet with counter top
and drawers(behind tambor doors) along the curb side wall.  My
original thought was that I would hate the corner bed, but I find the
storgage and counter space far outweighs the disadvantage of the bed.

The cabinet, however, is in sorry shape.  And I really do not like
the tambor in front of the drawers anyway.  So I am resolved to build
a new cabinet with standard drawers that open directly.  In fact,
this exact setup is pictured at
http://members.aol.com/airstm2268/excella.htm , a site which appears
to be put up by the owner of this list.  My question is simple: What
device or arrangement is in place to prevent the drawers from opening
during travel?

Thanks,

Mark