[A/S] insurance confusion

Around last January I wrote to this group asking for advice on buying
a 71 Airstream.

The lady (quite old) we were buying it from lost her husband and it
has taken her a long time to let it go - they spent a lot of their
retired life Airstreaming and had a huge emotional attachment to it.
Turns out it is a 73 Safari in pretty good condition - considering it
has been sitting for a couple of yearsŠ

We finally bought the trailer.  It was a sweet farewell for her & her
daughter and an exciting hello for us.

--------------------------

I now have a plethora of questions!

First:  insurance companies  - grrrrrŠ..

I went to the insurance office (State Farm) this morning AND they
tell me that my trailer is already covered by my auto policy, as
least as far as anyone that might be injured by the unit. Good enough.

On repair to the trailer, they want to know what it cost new in 73
(no idea) and how much coverage I want. I got prices on $6000 and
$12000. Then I got to thinking - and asked. If the trailer is damaged
or totaled, will you pro rate the value of the trailer based on the
sale price over the age of it? Yes! I cant imagine any trailer that
is 27 years old being worth a whole lot on the books. Also it seems
like a sucker bet to buy 12000 over 6000 dollars worth of insurance
if they will figure it is as totaled with a couple of grand's worth
of damage. (Hope I am making sense). Ill never see either amount! I
get the feeling when I am deciding how much coverage I want in this
regard is actually deciding how badly I want to get shafted!

So the question - what do y'all do to insure your Airstreams?

--

               Virtually yours,

_________________________ SASS    NRA    SBSS   OGLSG
_________________________ DiggerBear@DeltaCowboys.com