Re: [A/S] Rock Guard / Awning

Here are my plans for free. Purchase a piece of Plexiglas from your
local plastic dealer, have the cut it to match are a little larger
than your window are whatever you like I used 1/4". I framed the
Plexiglas with aluminum channel from Lowes, I drilled through the
channel and Plexiglas and pop riveted the channel to the Plexiglas. My
unit had a piano hinge already attached above the window I through
bolted the shield to the hinge. I used some case closers to hold the
window to the coach at the bottom. I didn't track the cost I am
thinking between $50.00 and $75.00. I also used silicon in the channel
and liquid at the 45 degree corners. I haven't fabricated the brackets
to hold open the shield yet but will use a rod or the hydraulic
closers that are used on the SUV back doors. Drilling must be done
with caution as it can and will crack the plexi.

Here is a link to a picture.
http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photos/index.pl?photo=245

Jim N5TJZ