[A/S] awnings are "sprung"

I know there must be a way of rewinding and tightening an awning but
I haven't been able to find it. Have one over side window that is
totally "sprung" and other smaller ones that are a little loose on
one side. Tried to totally remove the sprung one to take it to the
shop but like all jobs it turned out to be a task - only one side
came off. Awning on front which is not sprung has the Zip Dee cover
on the side but ones on side do not. Trailer is a 1973 31' Sovereign
if it matters. Thanks, Kathy