[A/S] Univolt not fried

For the last year I have believed that my univolt had stopped working. I had
an expert look at it and he was sure it was not working and not worth
fixing. I have been using a battery charger since then. I don't get to use
my trailer much so I was in no hurry to replace the univolt. I did feel as
though I look a bit like "trailer trash" with that charger sitting under the
trailer. Today as I got the trailer out of the back yard to get ready for a
rally I poked around just to see how difficult it will be to replace the
unit. I have rear bath tradewind with the univolt under the bottom shelf of
the bathroom closet. The shelf conceals the outlet that the univolt plugs
into. I tested the outlet and found the real problem. The univolt works fine
with an extension cord to another outlet. I will pull the shelf out and get
to the outlet to see what is wrong with soon. I hope some one else can make
use of this experience, I have owned my trailer for  4 years and have never
seen that outlet before.