Re: [A/S] Inverter for DTV

Terry's right. The inverter can do much to enhance your RVing, and should be
looked into.

We had a 2000 watt inverter in the motorhome, along with the solar panels.
Not wanting to move this into the A/S, I settled for a smaller one, 300
watts.

This was not adequate to operate the 13' TV and the DirecTV receiver. A 600
watt is where to start, but you may want to get a larger one.

I just completed installing the 2K inverter in the trailer, along with a
couple of AGM batteries. Dedicated solar panels keep this system up, and
another panel keeps the 'house' battery topped up.

RV Solar Electric has a work sheet on their website that will help you
determine your requirements. It's nice to be able to watch the TV, brew some
coffee (after grinding the beans) and even use the microwave without shore
power.

Bob Hightower