RE: [A/S] Portable Generators

	Dick - Would it not be much easier to just unfurl your onboard
power cable from the rear of your trailer and, maybe with an extension,
and plug into the generator as it sits in your pickup's bed? On a
weeklong outing this past February, a friend had a new Honda 4500
generator in his pickup bed.

	UPSIDE: 	Set up for either remote or key starting, and
EXTREMELY quiet. I'm told this unit would be sufficient to run
				everything - one A/C, TV/VCR's, fridge,
microwave, water heater & pump, computer and all lighting, not to
mention 			keeping your battery charged. Noise?
From some 30 feet away, yes, I knew a gasoline motor was running
somewhere nearby, but it was certainly not offensive to me. Once inside
my Safari, I didn't hear it at all. Would I
hear it if this generator was in MY pickup bed and the truck & trailer
were off-hitch but the truck directly in front of
the trailer? Yes I would hear it. Would it be an offensive decibel
level? Definitely NOT!! In all truth, not that much
more noise than your EU2000.

	DOWNSIDE:This sucker is way too heavy for me, as a "patch"
balding/gray haired/pot bellied/"mature" gentleman to load into
				the truck without less than 5 minutes of
help.

	Cost - He said he paid something like $2,200 paying no Texas
sales tax (as he bought it primarily for farm use).

	My point? For those of us who may want to do some boondocking &
may need a generator, I strongly suggest you check out this Honda 4500
model. I'm in Texas, and our summers are "difficult" without the A/C to
cool you off AND deal with the humidity. Expensive? Yes, but for twice
the cost of the EU2000 you are then able to have a couple of hours of
cool dry comfort during the heat of the day, AND TO BE ABLE TO DO SO
WITHOUT BOTHERING THOSE AROUND YOU.

	Just my opinion -
	Jim
	'02 Safari 27'