[A/S] Towing with Duramax/Allison - also Ford Powerstroke

Dick,

A friend of mine who owns a Chevy dually with the diesel engine told me that
he really never had any trouble with the diesel engine.  This is *not* the
DuraMax engine I'm referring to here.

The *problem* he has always had with his Chevy dually is the "electronics"
that governs the diesel engine.  To be more exact, his Chevy with the diesel
has seen more trips to the shop than he likes to remember due to "computer
problems" that control the engine and transmission.  Other things on his
Chevy have held up OK he said.

Ford has now also bumped up their 7.3-liter Powerstroke horsepower and added
more torque as well.  I think that engine can now be setup to pull in excess
of #11,000.  I can speak for the Ford / International Powerstroke as I have
this engine in my 2001 Ford Excursion 4x4:  It's a bear! ;)

Tom