[A/S] Re: Ham Radio Antenna

I would connect direct to the battery with double fused leads heavy
gauge. I would use wire mold to conceal the wire, you can even attach
the wire mold to the belly skin and come up through the floor. A ¼
wave 2 meter antenna would have hardly any load. You could also use
one of the devices which will raise and lower your antenna with the
touch of a button, my brother has one on his SUV so he can get into
garages.  Another option is a dual band glass mount antenna. You
could do what I do a use a FT817 and a MP1 antenna and work all bands.
Another idea is to use one of the old crankup TV antennas and place a
2 meter beam on it. You could point it in any direction.

No hassle way, use a HT.

Jim N5TJZ