RE: [A/S] Yet another tire question

Max,
My normal practice is to inflate the tires to the
maximum inflation pressure as stamped in the sidewall.
 Trying to match your load to lower pressure is near
amount impossible.  With full fuel tanks two
passengers the Safari and my nomal load of stuff, my
van tips the scale about 500 lbs. below its maximum
ratings.

I normally also inflate the Safari's tires to their
max also.  If you have scales available you could
bring pressures down, but you have to know what
pressures are necessary for different weights and to
me its just rolling the dice at that point.

Jack