Re: [A/S] Re: Balancing Airstream Tires/Wheels/and Hubs ???

You need to find a tire store or service station that has a
balancer that balances the tire, wheel, and drum assembly on the
trailor as a unit. They attach a circuler device to the wheel and
spin the jacked up wheel with a small motor and wheel. It can be spun
at differant speeds up to highway speeds. The device attached to the
spinning wheel will indicate how much and where to place the weights.
However, this isn't always needed. Brake drums and rotors are pre
balanced at the time they are manufactured and are pretty good. I
only balance my tire and wheel on an ordinary bubble balancer. If you
have steel rims, be sure to both harmonic and static balance.
(weights devided between outside and inside of wheel) If you have
alum wheels as I do, all the weights are glued to the inside of a
CLEAN wheel. Never had a problem. Good luck.......Arnie