[A/S] Re: Range Rover towing ?

David,

I have a '93 Range Rover LWB (long wheelbase) with 4.2 litre engine.
I purchased my '98 Safari 25' in Phoenix AZ last year and towed it
without difficulty to my home in Northern California.  I've been on
several local trips since with no issues or observed limitations.  My
Range Rover owners handbook lists "tongue weight" maximum as 550 lbs.
and the Safari 25' specifications on the Thor website indicate a
typical "hitch weight" of 680 lbs.  My dealer says because of the
Range Rover's self leveling system this shouldn't interfere.  The
Land Rover company, while covering their bottoms with legal speak,
also agree I should not encounter problems.  All of this
notwithstanding, if there's money in your budget for a heftier tow
vehicle, go that way.

Wiping the legal speak off my bottom,

Bob