Re: [A/S] Vintage Airstream Insurance

As many of you know I have upgraded,modifier,and customized The Silver
Albatross until it is no longer really considered a 37 year old trailer. I
have it insured with State Farm insurance co  for a stated value of $7000.00
I recently went to my agent to upgrade the insurance as I have spent another
$4000.00 on it plus I probably have in the excess of 2000hours on it. My
question to him was in the event that the worst happens how do I prove that
the trailer is worth what I am insuring it for. His answer was that I need to
documate every thing that I have done to the trailer. Receipts are the best
way in the absence of recipes that photographic decimation of the custom work
that I have done is a help. An appraisal from a certified appraiser Also
will help (where does one Find one)The reason according to him is that with
the lack  of documation any one could insure a ragout old trailer and when it
got destroyed
collect far more than the worth suspected fraud. I anticipate no trouble as
long as I do not have to file a claim
Jim Smith.
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross)
1992 Dodge Cummins Diesel