Re: [A/S] Prodigy brake controller installation - a BREEZE

Jim,

In all modesty, I do not consider myself an idiot.

Certainly a person of average intelligence and mechanical aptitude should be
able to handle it.

The significant factor here is that the potential problems of connecting to
the wrong wire (like the wrong side of the brake light switch, etc.) go
away.  Also, the potential for a marginal electrical connection is
eliminated, as both ends of the connecting cable are factory assembled.
There is no need to solder the connections as I have done in the past.

In my case, the most difficult part of the installation in my Chevrolet was
getting the cover off the under dash electrical panel. As it turns out, the
cover was attached with a large plastic nut and three plastic catches.   I
gave up and went to the dealer service manager who called one of his
mechanics to remove the cover.  [I'd rather have them break it than me].

So yes, the installation is beyond that of even a non idiot.

Oliver