Re: [A/S] Thermopane windows

Don,

I have a 31' '79 rear twin.  This is the sixth one I have owned since 1966
or so.
This A/S is the only one I have ever had that has the double insulated glass
windows.  I don't know when A/S started with the windows.  However,  I think
this may have been one of the first years.  The folks that made the windows
place
reflectorized film on the inside of the outside glass. I have three windows
with
bubbles in the film. The service records for this trailer indicate the
original
owners had the other six replaced at the factory.  Likely the three
presently
pocked were not bad while under warrantee.  I have looked at numerous '79
trailers for sale with the intention of buying and swapping out the windows
and reselling.  None of the ones I have seen had the dual pane windows.
Still
Lookin'.

I stayed three winter months near Joplin Missouri in 1999-2000.  There was
snow
on the ground.  This A/S kept the warmth in and the cold out.  I believe
the windows contributed significantly.

I had an '89 that did not have these windows.  I "think" I remember previous
messages last year or before that indicated some of the earlier windows
could be disassembled.  My windows are set in the frame with rubber (?)
molding and the frame is aluminum welded at the seam.  They will be very
hard to dissemble and repair.

Dean