RE: [A/S] Precision Temp tankless heater

A note on A/S factory opinion:

I called the factory and they were very negative
on the Precision Temp. I was wary also because of
some negative feedback here on the list. I really
grilled the folks at Precision Temp. They did say
that were problems with the units several years ago.
The two most prevalent were the flame out and actual
circuit board problems with temperature sensing with
very low flow rates. These problems have been fixed,
and in addition the unit can be ordered with an
extra superduper flameout kit, as well as a kit
that allows you to use the unit in temperatures
below zero. They are installed by the factory before
shipping. The low temperature unit does require AC
current. The unit will protect itself down to about
20 degrees by turning on briefly to heat the pint
of water in the tank to 50 degrees. I so far am extremely
pleased with the unit.