Re: [A/S] Repairing / Replacing Vista View Windows?

Hi
Just this past weekend I did some repair on my 4 Vista view windows in my 31'
Sovereign.
A friend who has a 76 Airstream with 16 Vistas showed me a way to deal with
them. Its not really a repair so much as it is the removal of the inner glass
pane.

First you drill with a Dremmel a small hole in the center of the pane. Then
with a ball pin hammer tap the glass (yes it was real painful to do this to
my baby), the glass will crack into many pieces. Then simply remover the
pieces and the film of the inside of the outer pane. Then you can use a
rubber gasket in the grove that remains after the inner pane is gone. The
gasket can be bought from Airstream or even a local auto place (Karen Auto
parts is one such place).

To help with the heat, we used the silver foil like covered bubble wrap that
is used in windows to block heat! Works great, Vistas are clear and beautiful
again and the cost is minimal.

I hope this helps ya.
Jon