Re: [A/S] disaster, need lock

I sure hate to hear this, I just posted an email to the list just before I
got your message about my new storage spot after a break-in. They also broke
my lock but only took the radio. A month later they tried to break-in again,
but could not get in.

While I had my lock off being repaired, I took a piece of ood dowel and cut
it about an inch long. I then inserted to through the latch opening in the
door and the opening in the door frame and it provided a good tight fit.
Then I too a small piece of thin sheet aluminum, the type you use for
flashing and cut it with tinsnipts just larger than the opening where the
door lock was in the door. I was then able to work this piece in the opening
where it was flush with the outside door. Granted it was not locked, but it
was secure.

Depending on the year of your trailer you can buy new locks and even rebuilt
locks from Airstream Dealers. I was able to get a great rebuilt lock from
Bob Jones RV here in Houston. Their phone number is (713) 910-2949, ask for
Bob.

Good luck