Re: [A/S] Changing Microwave?

Hunter, while I haven't had to get into the unit on my
Safari, I have had to pull one on my old trailer. It
vented out the front just above the microwave door.

Normally there is an exhaust vent on microwaves and on
the new microwaves is usually built into the front
facing of the microwave itself, either above or to the
side of the microwave door.  That fact that your old
one vented on top shouldn't be of consequence unless
that old vent exits the trailer somehow. If so you
might need to plug that vent.  The key is where the
new microwave vents out and to be sure that that area
it vents to is not confined.  That vent will produce a
small amount of heat and some humidity which makes it
clear why the exhaust must not be confined.

Jack