[A/S] Tivo satellite receiver

Hi All,

For all you satellite buffs out there I thought I'd
pass along some info on TIVO. This is a unit
that receives DIRECTTV just like a normal receiver
but with a twist - it records 1 or 2 shows automatically,
either on demand or programmed. One of the features
I like about my unit is the ability to say "I don't know
when a particular show or actor is on and I don't know
the station, but find it/them and record them for me.

There are other nicities too. The reason for this post is that
the price of the Sony SA-T60 has been reduced to
effectively $100 at Circuit City. This was a $450 unit.
Prices vary wildly. Crutchfield is $100 more. Even the
Tivo site is $80 more. There is a $200 rebate in the box.
There will be new units comong out with more record time
(this unit does 35 hours), but I have not yet been able to
fill mine up.

For you techies, there is a web site that will describe how
to add another hard disk to this unit to increase recording
time to 70 hours.

If you use a VHS, the Tivo will, on command, record something
it has recorded directly to your VCR.

Mark