Re: [A/S] insurance question

Bob,

I did some shopping and while I didn't pick the
cheapest company I did get some coverages which were
desirable to me.  Since I also bought my Safari new, I
chose a policy that guarantees replacement cost during
the first 5 years.  The second 5 years it covers up to
the actual cost that I paid for the trailer.  I figure
that will give me some hail damage breathing room for
the first 10 years since depreciation will not enter
into the adjustment.

I also have towing coverage that covers the trailer
and the tow vehicle.  Important to me was the fact
that if the tow vehicle is disabled and must be towed,
the trailer will also be towed.  I don't want my A/S
on the side of the road, sans tow vehicle.

Keep in mind these things add on to the insurance base
price but for example the cost of the towing add on
was $40 annually.  I was paying Good Sam $100 for
their package so that $60 I saved went towards the
cost of the 10 year protection plan.

Congratulations on your purchase.  I'm sure you will
like your Safari.

Jack